Hi, I’m Tingting Qin, a native Mandarin Chinese speaker. It’s great to see you here. Before you decide on whether to do business with a company, you probably want to check out the credentials of the company. Even if the company looks okay, most of the time you won’t know exactly which person you’ll be dealing with. Well, luckily at Tingbridge, you’ll talk directly with me. I’ll make sure that you are highly satisfied with your business decision. Here is a brief description of my qualifications to help you move forward.
MBA, MA in English Linguistics, BA in English Education
Interpretation and Translation Qualifications
- Mandarin Chinese native speaker, received MA in China and MBA in the US.
- Certified Court Interpreter, Missouri, English/Mandarin.
- CCHI Certified Healthcare Interpreter™, English/Mandarin.
- CATTI-certified translator. CATTI is short for China Accreditation Test for Translators and Interpreters, the nationally-recognized official accreditation in China.
- Voting member of American Translators Association (ATA).
- Secretary of Mid-America Chapter of American Translators Association (MICATA).
Interpretation and Translation Experience
- Experienced in consecutive and simultaneous interpretation for governments, healthcare, law enforcement, insurance companies, businesses, schools, etc.
- Simultaneous interpreter for 2018 Edgar Snow Symposium, U.S. Soy Global Trade Exchange, Omaha Summit, etc.
- Liaison and interpreter for Finnish Sailing Team in 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Co-translated the following books (English to Chinese): Stangroom, J. (2010). Philosophy China: Peking University Press; English-Chinese Humor Stories. (2008). China: Qingdao Publishing House.
- Co-translated and co-edited Crazy for Speeches. (2010). Qingdao Publishing House.
- Lead translator and proofreader of a team of 10 translators for a technical manual totaling 142 pages for Qingdao Construction and Installation, Co., Ltd.
- Other translation works include university concert programs, US food safety regulations, and more.
- Certified English teacher in China, K-12; taught high school and college English.
- Certified food facility manager.
- Proficient in Japanese; passed Level 2 of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test.
- Management and business experience, served as assistant store manager for Kroger for 3 years.
- Public service experience, public information intern for the City of Springfield in 2012.