Hi, I’m Tingting Qin, a native Mandarin Chinese speaker. It’s great to see you here. Before you decide on whether to do business with a company, you probably want to check out the credentials of the company. Even if the company looks okay, most of the time you won’t know exactly which person you’ll be dealing with. Well, luckily at Tingbridge, you’ll talk directly with me. I’ll make sure that you are highly satisfied with your business decision. Here is a brief description of my qualifications to help you move forward.
MBA, MA in English Linguistics, BA in English Education
Interpretation and Translation Qualifications
- Mandarin Chinese native speaker, received MA in China and MBA in the US.
- Certified court interpreter, Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas, Oklahoma, California.
- Department of Justice Immigration Court Interpreter.
- CCHI Certified Healthcare Interpreter™, English and Mandarin.
- ATA Certified Translator, English to Chinese.
- CATTI-certified translator. CATTI is short for China Accreditation Test for Translators and Interpreters, the national accreditation in China.
- Voting member of American Translators Association (ATA).
- Secretary of Mid-America Chapter of American Translators Association (MICATA).
Interpretation and Translation Experience
- Professional legal interpreter for depositions, court proceedings, immigration interviews, etc.
- Experienced in medical interpretation, including psychological evaluations, clinical trials, doctor visits, surgeries, and consultations.
- Conference interpreter; past projects include Edgar Snow Symposium, Omaha Summit, and US Soybean Global Trade Exchange.
- Liaison and interpreter for Finnish Sailing Team in 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Seasoned translator with years of experience translating documents in fields of energy, healthcare, law, finance, marketing, literature, etc.
- Co-translated IEA Global Energy Review 2021; co-translated and co-edited IEA An Energy Sector Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality in China.
- Co-translated the following books (English to Chinese): Stangroom, J. (2010). Philosophy. China: Peking University Press; English-Chinese Humor Stories. (2008). China: Qingdao Publishing House. Co-translated and co-edited Crazy for Speeches. (2010). Qingdao Publishing House.
- Translated contracts, court evidence, websites, presentations, tests, school notices, etc.
- Transcribed and translated recordings for court evidence.
- Performed voiceovers for various projects, such as driver’s license tests and banking instructions.
- Producer of recording sections of multiple series of English exercise books for students, grades 7th-12th, in China.
- Certified English teacher in China, K-12; taught high school and college English.
- Certified food facility manager.
- Proficient in Japanese; passed Level 2 of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test.
- Management and business experience, served as assistant store manager for Kroger for 3 years.
- Public service experience, public information intern for the City of Springfield in 2012.